New England Dining Reviews >>> Clam Chowder New England
Best Restaurant New England Clam Chowder
Article and photo by Eric H.
you noticed how many restaurants in New England decribe their New England clam chowder as "award-winning?"
It seems like every restaurant menu we read, that phrase is used
for all types of New England clam chowder -- that is, not only for the best but also the worst and truly mediocre.
delicious New England clam chowder should be thick and creamy, chock
full of tender clams, diced potatoes, onions (preferably with bacon or
salt pork drippings) and the right mix of seasonings. A topping of
parsley is always nice, too.
following restaurants meet most or all of the criteria, as mentioned
above, to create the best New England clam chowders in New England:
1. Cape Neddick Lobster Pound, Cape Neddick, Maine
2. Captain Parker's Restaurant and Pub, South Yarmouth, Mass.
3. Legal Sea Foods (various locations)
4. Red Wing Diner, Walpole, Mass.
5. Beach Rose Cafe, Wickford Village, R.I.
6. Warren's Lobster House, Kittery, Maine
7. Barnacle Billy's, Ogunquit, Maine
8. The Black Pearl, Newport, R.I.
9. Top of the Hub, Boston, Mass.
10.South Coast Local Diner, Mattapoisett, Mass.
11. Noah's, Stonington Borough, Conn.
12. Petey's Summertime Seafood and Bar, Rye, N.H.
13. 1761 Old Mill, Westminster, Mass.
14. DiMillo's on the Water, Portland, Maine
15. Pier 18 Seafood and Grill, East Bridgewater, Mass.
16. The Docksider, Northeast Harbor, Maine
17. Federal Jack's, Kennebunk, Maine
18. Woodman's, Essex, Mass.
19. Putnam's Water View, Goffstown, N.H.
Union Oyster House, Boston, Mass.
Information from VisitingNewEngland.com comes from our editorial staff. Advertisements do not influence the articles and points-of-view on VisitingNewEngland.com, unless otherwise specified. Rates and event dates are subject to change. We recommend calling your New England destination first before setting out on the planned itinerary.
| New England Vacation and Travel Feature Stories | Connecticut Travel
| Maine Travel
Travel | New
Hampshire Travel | Rhode Island Travel
| Vermont Travel
| Best New England Cities, Towns,
| Site Map | Contact Us |
Copyright, VisitingNewEngland.com 2001- . All rights reserved.