New England humor, spoof and satire
New England Shenoogies
Enjoy the worst of random
New England humor right here
Article and photos by Eric Hurwitz. Page
created on 10/1/2018 .
England Shenoogies date back to the Knights of the Roundtable in the
14th Century when the court jester hid the king's bifocals so he
couldn't read any humorous readings on his SmartPhone. Eventually disappearing from
society until the 16th century, Shenoogies made a strong comeback in
the book section of the now defunct Woolworth's Department Store. Losing
popularity once again, however, after a tremendous five-month run, New
England Shenoogies became a household name in the 17th Century when a
gas station in South Taunton, Mass., gave free copies of the
regionalized humor to customers after each purchase of gas.
We are proud to revive the lost art of New England Shenoogies here
VisitingNewEngland. Some of the local humor is obvious and some might
take some time to reflect. Other passages border on being a complete
waste of time. I also supplied each Shenoogie with a hashtag, just in
case you'd like to share them on social media. If not, that's OK. I
completely understand. Enjoy them all!
New England Shenoogies for the week of
Oct. 1, 2018
1. Shelburne Falls. I hope he is OK. (#ConcernForOthers)
2. If you are looking to worship eggs, please consider going to Holyoke. (#EggscellentPun)
3. When recommending New England travel destinations to someone you
don't like, tell them to go straight to Hull. (#ToHullAndBack)
4. I found religion on Cape Cod. I feel Bourne again. (#InCodWeTrust)
5. If the Massachusetts towns of Shirley and Templeton ever merged,
would it be called Shirley Temple? (#DrinkingTowns)
6. Making doughnuts at Honey Dew Donuts should be called Dew Process. (#TheHoleTruth)
7. It's a good thing The Big E State Fair isn't located in
Falmouth. It would then be called The Big Mouth. (#UnfortunateMergerNames)
8. In Pawtucket, R.I., you might all of a spudden see the Mr. Potato
9. If a group formed in Warren, R.I., to make the world a better place,
would it be called Warren Peace? (#TwistedTolstoy)
10. If the town of Sherman, Conn., and Peabody, Mass., merged, would it
be called Sherman and Peabody? (#BadCartoonPuns)
11. I heard of this couple who got married in Union, Conn. It was
called a Grand Union. (#WeddingHumor)).
Do you have a New England Shenoogie to share? If so, contact
us, and we'll consider it for publication!
England travel article with your friends...
connected with VisitingNewEngland at Facebook
Sign up for our
free VisitingNewEngland.com E-NEW ENGLAND TRAVEL NEWSLETTER
latest New England travel insider's news updates and stories, discounts